Excludes Courier Fee
A water-based primer to promote adhesion to
stainless steel and non-ferrous metals including galvanised,
aluminium, chrome, brass and copper.
smooth even finish for ideal topcoat adhesion.
Only one coat
Can be used
inside or outside.
Share this product with Friends
Special Metals Primer can be used for:
1. All surfaces must be clean and dry.
2. Remove loose rust, flaking paint and the gloss from old
paintwork by wire brushing and/or rubbing down with coarse
3. Treat any rusted patches with Hammerite Kurust.
4. Degrease thoroughly with a detergent solution then rinse
thoroughly with clean water and allow to dry.
If using with a roller on large flat
surfaces you may find it necessary to thin 10% with water.
Do not use cellulose thinners or white spirit.
1. Stir paint thoroughly.
2. Do not apply when there is a risk of rain, frost or if
the temperature falls below 5degC.
3. Hammerite Special Metals Primer is touch dry in 30
minutes (depending on weather conditions) and can be
overcoated after only 2 hours.
4. Hammerite Special Metals Primer can be overcoated with
Touch dry in 30 minutes, recoatable after 2 hours.
Cleaning & Storage
After use, remove as much paint as possible from brushes
before cleaning with clean water.
To view and print these files you will need Acrobat
Special Metal Primer Material Safety Data Sheet