Bilt Hamber Deox Gel 1 litre
Deox-Gel is a viscous, highly thixotropic,
rust remover, designed for corrosion removal on surfaces or
objects too large to submerge in a bath of Deox-C. Along
with the viscosity builders and preservatives, the active
agents in Deox-Gel are harmless, non-toxic and
Abrasive cleaning methods such as grinding, sanding or blast-cleaning will remove sound steel surrounding corroded areas. The risk of grit inclusion resultant from blast-cleaning, has been proven to cause early coating failure, corrosion and mechanical wear, is eliminated.
Slag-based blast cleaning media all contain heavy metals which when used in open-nozzle blast-cleaning equipment give off dust that may contain harmful levels of these elements. Use of Deox-Gel will eliminate the risk of distortion to thin steel sections, which can result from the blast-cleaning process.
Share this product with Friends
Thick gel clings
to vertical surfaces
Non-toxic, and safe to use
Doesn't require constant attention - frees-up valuable man-hours
Harmless non-toxic and biodegradable
Produces clean bare metal finish
Does not destroy or distort delicate steel
Harmless to glass, plastics, aluminium and chrome
Eliminates grit embedment - a recognised problem with blast cleaning that can cause premature coating failure
1. This medium to heavy rusted steel plate has been degreased with a water-based degreasing agent.
2. Deox-Gel is a thick paste designed to create a deep coating that de-rusts items too big to soak in a deox-C bath.
3. Here a brush is used to smooth the Deox-Gel across the rusted surface, the gel must remain in a thick even layer; brushing out to a thin coat must be avoided. Spatulas or trowels may also be used to spread Deox-Gel. For very large areas pressure pot spray systems can be used.
4. The applied Deox-Gel is covered with plastic wrap to assist in the retention of moisture, this step is not essential, but it ensures that the gel remains soft indefinitely.
5. After 12 hours undisturbed the plastic film can be removed – the gel has darkened through corrosion absorption. A steel rule is used to push back the gel layer, demonstrating the effectiveness of Deox-Gel.
6. After a scrub with a stiff plastic-bristled brush and plenty of water the treated area is clean and ready for protection.
"Bilt-Hamber's Deox-Gel is just the job. Simply ladle the gooey almost apple-sauce like compound onto the effected area and ensure there is always a thickness of at least 3mm present.
...after between 12 and 48 hours simply wash the remnants of the gel away with water and a stiff bristled brush to be left with perfectly clean steel."
Car Mechanics, August 2005
"Another interesting product I have found is a rust remover from Bilt Hamber Laboratories. I have been looking for something like this for years. …..next day I brushed the gel off with water and the metal underneath was like it had been chromium. The rust had been cleared out of the heavy pit marks that a grinder could not have got to without grinding half the metal away. I must admit I was very sceptical, as I have paid good money out for rubbish before, so it was a very pleasant surprise.
Mr W. Senior, Derbyshire
To view and print these files you will need Acrobat Reader